The Value of Membership
The Value of Membership: AASA Member Benefits & Services
AASA is a recognized industry change agent – promoting a collaborative industry environment, providing a forum to address issues and serving as a valued resource for members. Its key membership benefits and services include:
- MEMA Washington Office – full-time staff that lobbies Congress and Agencies on behalf of members
- Government Affairs Committee – addresses legislative issues
- Legislative Summit – annual fly-in to congressional offices to educate house and senate members on issues critical to the aftermarket
Know Your Parts®
- AASA’s supplier-driven campaign highlights the importance of purchasing quality parts backed by full-service suppliers
- “Aftermarket 2020,” exclusive research and analysis report available only to members
- Annual electronic reports available for free download to members only: “AASA Automotive Aftermarket Status Report,” “Replacement Rates of U.S. Automotive Parts” and “World Motor Vehicle Market Report”
- Periodic surveys for members’ benchmarking against other suppliers
- Annual Top 100 Aftermarket Suppliers List, produced by Babcox Publications
- Close working relationship with CLEPA, the European automotive parts association, keeps AASA members close to European trends
- China Aftermarket Forum enables AASA members with operations in China to meet quarterly to discuss best practices and fight counterfeiting
- Overseas Automotive Council provides networking and exporting opportunities
- Promotion and support of AASA full service supplier members at international trade shows including PAACE Automechanika Mexico, Automechanika Middle East and Automechanika Frankfurt
- OptiCat – Leading industry data cooperative for application and product data. AASA owns an equity position and represents member interests.
- MFSG – Discounted programs enable AASA members to monitor financial status and payment trends of customers.
- AASA Technology Council – Peer council for IT/e-commerce/data/business process professionals
- AASA AAPEX Event Committee
- AASA Technology Council
- Brake Manufacturers Council
- Brand Protection Committee
- China Aftermarket Forum
- Filter Manufacturers Council
- Government Affairs Committee
- Marketing Executives Council
- Overseas Automotive Council
- AAPEX – AASA is 50 percent owner of AAPEX and provides members with a 40 percent discount off the exhibitor booth fee.
- OAC Global Reception at AAPEX – annual international networking reception
- AASA Member Center – free meeting space, free refreshments, free use of AASA computers/printer/Internet, free use of lounge
- AASA Technology Conference – industry’s only e-commerce/data technology event that focuses on the needs of suppliers
- Vision Conference – AASA’s annual conference and member meeting
- PAACE Automechanika – AASA is part owner of PAACE and provides members a 15-18 percent discount off the exhibitor booth fee, while also coordinating an international networking reception through OAC.
- Click here to view a list of 2019 AASA events.
News and Information
- MEMA Industry News – the only daily e-news briefs focused on supplier issues and interests: aftermarket, heavy duty and OE
- AASA Supplier Essentials – weekly e-newsletter on the events and services of AASA, delivered to your inbox