Ann Wilson, MEMA senior vice president of government affairs, will explore the current trade and regulatory environment and the impacts to automotive aftermarket suppliers operating in today’s global marketplace at the 2019 AASA Global Summit, presented by the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC). Wilson will focus on changes in U.S. trade agreements as well as current and proposed tariffs impacting import fees and how products are processed at U.S. ports.
The 2019 AASA Global Summit, set for Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Fla., is the only international conference focused on the aftermarket. Participants will include top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations as well as aftermarket executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities.
The event will open with an international networking reception on Thursday, Feb. 7 at the Coral Gables, Fla. venue. The conference program will commence on Feb. 8 with panel discussions and presentations. In addition to Wilson, speakers and topics will include:
- “2019 Aftermarket Outlook” – Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president, strategy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA)
- “Currency Risks & Political/Economical state of Latin America” -- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- “Growth Strategies in Latin America - Challenges & Opportunities for Aftermarket Suppliers” -- Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts
- “Opposing Views on Latin American Growth Strategies” -- Moderator: Jose R. Sera, vice president sales – LATAM, Gates Corp.; panelists: Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts; Jack Garcia, director, J.M. Garcia and John Price
- “Challenges and Opportunities for the Independent Aftermarket in the Middle East” – panel discussion moderated by Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Messe Frankfurt
More information about the 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC, including registration and hotel accommodations, is available here.
Confirmed sponsors for the AASA Global Summit are Aftermarket International and Anji Logistics. Promotional opportunities are still available; contact Ben Brucato, AASA senior director membership – sponsorship programs and member services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.