What’s ahead for the global automotive aftermarket in 2019? Attendees at the 2019 AASA Global Summit will get a look into the coming year’s headwinds and tailwinds in the “2019 Aftermarket Outlook,” presented by Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president, strategy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA).
Presented by the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC) on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019, the AASA Global Summit is the only international conference focused on the aftermarket. Participants will include top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations as well as aftermarket executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities. The Summit will be held at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Fla.
The event will open with an international networking reception on Thursday, Feb. 7. The conference program will commence on Feb. 8 with panel discussions and presentations. In addition to McCarthy, speakers and topics will include:
- “Trade & Regulatory Environment Overview: Exploring Duty Drawbacks and In-Bond Warehousing,” – Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
- “Currency Risks & Political/Economical state of Latin America” -- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- “Growth Strategies in Latin America - Challenges & Opportunities for Aftermarket Suppliers” -- Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts
- “Opposing Views on Latin American Growth Strategies” -- Moderator: Jose R. Sera, vice president sales – LATAM, Gates Corp.; panelists: Miguel Garcia, Jack Garcia, director, J.M. Garcia, and John Price
- “Challenges and Opportunities for the Independent Aftermarket in the Middle East” – panel discussion moderated by Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Messe Frankfurt
- “Exploring Different Strategies for Aftermarket Suppliers in The Middle East” -- Moderator: Norm Young, operating principle, Industrial Opportunity Partners; panelists: Gazi Bilikozen and J. John Antakli, president and CEO, Intraco
More information about the 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC, including registration and hotel accommodations, is available here.
AASA Global Summit sponsors to date include Aftermarket International and Automechanika. Promotional opportunities are still available; contact Ben Brucato, AASA senior director membership – sponsorship programs and member services for more details.