The Middle East holds opportunities for the automotive aftermarket but requires successful strategies to meet the region’s unique challenges. Attendees at the 2019 AASA Global Summit have the chance to learn more about aftermarket opportunities in Middle Eastern markets from recognized subject matter experts on the region.
Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Messe Frankfurt, will open the discussion with his presentation, “Challenges and Opportunities for the Independent Aftermarket in the Middle East.” His address is followed by a panel discussion, “Exploring Different Strategies for Aftermarket Suppliers in The Middle East.” Norm Young, operating principle, Industrial Opportunity Partners will moderate the dialogue with panelists Gazi Bilikozen and J. John Antakli, president and CEO, Intraco.
Presented by the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC) on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019, the AASA Global Summit is the only international conference focused on the aftermarket. Participants will include top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations as well as aftermarket executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities. The Summit will be held at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Fla.
The event will open with an international networking reception on Thursday, Feb. 7. The conference program will commence on Feb. 8 with panel discussions and presentations. In addition to the Middle East market discussion, other speakers and topics will include:
- “2019 Aftermarket Outlook” – Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president, strategy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA)
- “Trade & Regulatory Environment Overview: Exploring Duty Drawbacks and In-Bond Warehousing,” – Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
- “Currency Risks & Political/Economical State of Latin America” – John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- “Growth Strategies in Latin America - Challenges & Opportunities for Aftermarket Suppliers” – Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts
- “Opposing Views on Latin American Growth Strategies” – Moderator: Jose R. Sera, vice president sales – LATAM, Gates Corp.; panelists: Miguel Garcia, Jack Garcia, director, J.M. Garcia, and John Price
- “Challenges and Opportunities in APAC Countries – Voice of the Customer”
More information about the 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC, including registration and hotel accommodations, is available here.
AASA Global Summit sponsors to date include Aftermarket International and Automechanika. Promotional opportunities are still available; contact Ben Brucato, AASA senior director of membership – sponsorship programs and member services, for more details.