Time is running short to enter the competition for the aftermarket’s newest honor, the AASA Channel Excellence Award presented by Epicor: the deadline is Tuesday, Jan. 15. Application details for the AASA Channel Excellence Award are available here.
The award will be presented at the 2019 AASA Vision Conference, slated for Wednesday, April 3, at The Henry, Dearborn, Mich.
Programs or initiatives launched in the past 18 months are eligible for the award. Entries must be a collaborative effort between an aftermarket supplier and a channel partner, including retailers, e-tailers, distributors, repair facilities, national service chains, etc. In addition, the program should be innovative and utilize technology, such as data analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence and/or digital business processes.
The AASA Channel Excellence Award Selection Committee will select three finalists by Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019. Committee members represent all major levels of the aftermarket industry, including repair shops, distributors and suppliers, which will ensure a broad perspective. They are:
- Rod Bayless, senior director, Industry Data Analytics, Epicor
- Brian Cruickshank, director, University of the Aftermarket – Northwood University
- Chris Gardner, senior vice president, operations, AASA
- Rick Guirlinger, partner, Schwartz Advisors
- Tony Molla, vice president, Automotive Service Association (ASA)
- Joe Pomaranski, Pomaranski Consulting
Each finalist will submit a short video, which will be posted on the AASA and Epicor websites and played during the AASA Vision Conference. The winner will be announced in a special ceremony at the event.