The 2019 AASA Global Summit, presented by the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC), will provide aftermarket suppliers and channel partners a unique forum to explore opportunities and challenges in today’s global marketplace. The event, set for Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Fla., is the only international conference focused on the aftermarket.
“The inaugural OAC Global Summit in January of this year attracted a capacity crowd of suppliers and channel partners for a deep dive into global marketplaces,” said Bill Long, AASA president and chief operating officer. “This is a must attend event for those seeking deeper clarity of opportunities and headwinds in international markets. The Summit will offer suppliers and channel partners a platform for networking and collaboration to advance the international aftermarket industry.”
The 2019 AASA Global Summit participants will include top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations as well as aftermarket executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities.
The event will open with an international networking reception on Thursday, Feb. 7 at the Coral Gables, Fla. venue. The conference program will commence on Feb. 8 with these discussions and presenters:
- “2019 Aftermarket Outlook” – Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president, strategy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA)
- “Trade & Regulatory Environment Overview: Exploring Duty Drawbacks and In-Bond Warehousing” -- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
- “Currency Risks & Political/Economical state of Latin America” -- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- "Growth Strategies in Latin America - Challenges & Opportunities for Aftermarket Suppliers” – panel discussion moderated Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- “Challenges and Opportunities for the Independent Aftermarket in the Middle East” – panel discussion moderated by Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Messe Frankfurt
Presentations also are planned on the challenges and opportunities in APAC countries and the growth and development in the independent aftermarket in the Middle East.
More information about the 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC, including registration and hotel accommodations, is available here.
Confirmed sponsors for the AASA Global Summit are Aftermarket International and Anji Logistics. Promotional opportunities are still available; contact Ben Brucato, AASA senior director membership – sponsorship programs and member services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.