The first annual AASA Overseas Automotive Council (OAC) Global Summit, held Jan. 25-26, attracted a capacity crowd of suppliers and channel partners to Miami, Fla., for a deep dive into global marketplaces. This inaugural event provided a forum for suppliers and channel partners to explore international opportunities and collaborate to advance the international aftermarket industry.
Summit attendees included top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations and executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities.
OAC Global Summit keynote speakers and topics included:
- Tom Muldowney, managing director, International Market Access Ltd. (IMA): “Developing Growth Strategies in Asia Pacific”
- Miguel Garcia, head of sales Mexico, Federal-Mogul, “Strategies for Global Expansion”
- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence, “Deep Dive into Latin America: Politics and Economy”
- Marc Poulson, director, global aftermarket, OptiCat: “International Data Standards - Supporting Suppliers and International Distributors”
- Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president of strategy MEMA: 2018 Aftermarket Outlook
The 2018 OAC Global Summit was sponsored by Aftermarket International and AnJi Logistics.
For more information about the OAC and its global outreach events, contact Ben Brucato.